Sunday, January 18, 2009

teaching frugalness...

my boyfriend, M (yes we're both M's lol), well his good childhood friend has been unemployed for a few months now. he has worked out an agreement with the landlord to work off his portion of rent (his GF pays her portion) so they don't have to worry about that. but anyways his GF and I were visiting and she was asking me again about couponing.

i made her swear that she'd buy two papers today and she did! so later I am going to go over the basics with her again. Yesterday I showed her my meal plan, my go-to recipes, my coupon organizers and such so hopefully she'll get bit by the coupon bug!

i have compiled a list of rock bottom prices for some items in our area like milk, potatoes, etc. i also printed off deals this week for Walgreen's and rite aid, highlighted the funny words (ESR? lol) and put an explanation for each.

i really hope they can both get in to this notion of being frugal and change their situation, she really needs to get the BF on-board. it's just hard AND frustrating to see people living beyond their means and almost being lazy and apathetic towards everything (this isn't her...he is creating a bad situation by his actions)

but it also got me thinking about what many ladies have talked about and that would be organizing a coupon class for a small fee possibly to cover some expenses and to make a small profit...I think it'd be fun and could help so many people!

but if i taught a bunch of people how to coupon would they get all my deals at Wags before I could?! :)


-M.

No comments:

Post a Comment