Sunday, February 1, 2009

a little multi-tasking.

Tonight as I had dinner baking in the oven I decided to do a little pantry inventory... I've been couponing and stock-piling since about August/September so I am slowly but surely amassing bigger quantities of items than I used to keep in the house. M. and I live in a townhouse and I've had to become creative with storage. But I am lucky that we have this little 'pantry' in the dining room. It doesn't have all our food (there are other cupboards with more stockpile) but this is one of the areas I keep the majority of our food. Its gotten a bit disorganized. Take a peak:

After school and/or work and then a trip to the grocery store I don't always have the resolve to put everything away in the most organized of manners...

I also wanted to fill out my pantry list to help me realize what I have at home. This will help me in a couple of ways. I'll stop buying cans of french style green beans (somehow I have ended up with SEVEN! and only two cans of corn!) and it will also refresh my memory when making a meal plan to use the items we have at home because what's the point of getting the good deals if we don't ever use them?!

After taking the items out and filling out the list it looked like this:

(it's still somewhat an organized chaos lol)

Here is the pantry list I use:


and here is a close up for you fabulous folks:


I found this printable at http://organizedhome.com/



They also have a freezer list and meal plan calendars! All are FREE printables!
I keep the list in my meal plan/recipe/kitchen binder that I'll show at a later time.

-M.

No comments:

Post a Comment