Saturday, March 28, 2009

fire-safe candles...

A couple weeks ago my mom turned another year older. We work for the same company and are in the same office so I wanted to bring in treats for our section of the office to share to celebrate (she is my best friend, she is the woman and mom I hope to be). I made her carrot cake cupcakes and since we work in an office...candles tend to be frowned upon. So, I decided to make my own office friendly version.

I started with a sheet of candle design scrap booking paper I bought at Michael's. It was .39 on sale, and two different colors of card stock on sale for .49.

I then cut out all the candle shapes.


I then glued the candle shapes on to card stock. Then I attached them with tape to toothpicks.


Voila! Office friendly birthday candles! The whole project (minus the baking/frosting took me about 25-30 minutes)

-M.

2 comments:

  1. this is such a cute and creative idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. junko-
    thanks!! it was super fast to complete too!
    -Meg.

    ReplyDelete